Tuesday 9 July 2013

The View from the Rockerfeller, NY

A sunny evening enjoying the view from the bar at the top of the Rockerfeller Tower in NY. Having only made it to New York once on a flying visit for work, I did this quick sketch using a Wacom tablet in Photoshop, when i got back, using a very simple pencil sketch with a few notes scribbled on it.

Whilst I could get close to this effect in watercolour and gouache (eventually), from experience it would lack the vibrancy, and range of contrast that drawing in pure colour on a screen has.

I love the fact that images can be produced so quickly using a stylus and tablet - with a full range of colour. I am waiting for a truly usable, portable solution so that its possible to draw in this medium from life, and not from a desk, but I've yet to find it.

Wacom Cintiq and PShop.

NH www.nickhirst.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment